Monday, July 20, 2009

Final week of Physical Theatre Intensive

The intensive wrapped up with a week focusing on clown, which was very fun and interesting because I've seen many clown performances, but had little idea how they came to be. The DAI website describes it as:
Week 4 : THE DRAMATIC REALMS: Clown & Comic Archetypes
Coming full circle from the cleansing work of The Showers, the actor researches an organic, non-traditional personage to find the play of failure. Clown lives not just in eccentric behavior, but also in authentic play in concert with its partners, for the audience. Work in duos, trios.

Our assignment for the week was to partner up and create a scene where you are clown presenting something for the audience, but you flop (fail). My partner and I presented a super-fast version of Rapunzel. Here's a couple somewhat blurry pics from that endeavor (my nose was slipping off for most of it!).





We also continued our work with acrobatics, and I successfully stood on two people's shoulders, which was awesome! I don't have any photo evidence, but you can take my word for it ;) Here's a fun picture of everyone in the workshop:



It was a great workshop with great people, and I learn a ton! I'm so glad I went...

No comments: