Friday, January 23, 2009

Postcard image for BREAKDOWN, and a great studio visit





My next performance will be on Friday, January 30, 2009 at 8pm at the William and Nancy Oliver Gallery as a part of BREAKDOWN: A Mental Incursion.

I'll be premiering a character I've been developing the past few months, Valerie Hartman. She'll be giving a brief intro to The System, and explaining why you should attend the infomercial on February 17 at 8pm.

In other news, I had a really great studio visit with Diana Al Hadid yesterday, and was pleased to have a mini-epiphany about the arc of the narrative for my upcoming piece, "Complete With Illustrated Manual," which features the above mentioned Valerie Hartman. To read more about Diana Al Hadid, you can find a lot through Google, or check out her recent article in the January 2009 issue of Art News, where she was listed as an "Artist to Watch." (sadly, Art News hasn't put this article online)

No comments: