Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm going to Grad School in Florida!


I have some very exciting news: I have been accepted into the MFA program in studio art at the University of South Florida starting this fall, and will be moving down to Tampa in mid-July! The program has a very strong emphasis on interdisciplinary studies, so I will be able to pursue performance and installation work while taking classes in both the art and theater departments.
This process of applying to, and picking a grad school has been very challenging and exciting... In the end, USF was able to offer the best package, and seems to have a program that best fits my individual goals as an artist, so off I go! I'm looking forward to a few years spent with the sun and beaches of Tampa (hooray for the Gulf of Mexico!).

In other news:
- About a week ago, attended a 6-day Movement and Light Workshop led by Dana Reitz/Jennifer Tipton in Duluth, where I met a fantastic group of artists. It was a great learning experience and creative indulgence - I could talk all day - email me if you'd like to hear more...
- Just this past weekend, I completed my 200 hour RYT yoga certification! I'm very excited (I've been working towards this certification for 3 years)!

So, keep me posted on how you're doing, and be sure to let me in on any Florida knowledge you might have!

No comments: